Professional Development Learning
Facilitation Skills - COMING IN 2ND HALF OF 2020
Facilitation Skills - COMING IN 2ND HALF OF 2020Do you facilitate meetings or learning courses? Are facilitating strategic planning or change management workshops part of your role? Are you involved in organisational development, and you'd like to improve your facilitation skills?
This course assists in the development of facilitation skills required to deliver a range of processes from chairing meetings, to implementing a new CRM, to running global workshops. You will learn how to establish ground rules, engage participants, keep things on track and deliver results that matter.
You'll fine tune the core skills of every good facilitator by working on things like:
- Establishing the purpose
- Planning processes
- Creating the environment
- Warm ups and engagement techniques
- Managing challenging behaviours
- Changing directions mid-process
- Asking great questions
- Classic facilitation exercises
Our experienced facilitators will model best-practice as you work your way through the learning process, engaging with the content and other participants, and reflecting on experiences as you move through the day.
I found both the content, and the style of delivery to be fantastically useful for my own development and confidence as a facilitator. The opportunity to engage both as a participant, but also to be provided with a deeper insight into the choices made while facilitating the course was extremely beneficial - like two courses in one!
By the end of this course, you will be able to:
- Use the 'Warm-up' to set up the group and yourself for the learning / event.
- Engage and involve individuals and groups.
- Plan an effective facilitation process.
- Identify and respond to unforeseen changes in group or individual behaviour.
- Modify your process in response to group outcomes.
- Determine the most suitable exercises for your process.
- Describe the elements of great questions.
You should attend this course if you want to:
- More effectively facilitate group processes
- Run meetings with greater efficiency
- Handle challenging behaviours productively
- Take on a more senior role
- Create engaging group processes
- Change career into facilitation
Who should attend?
- Professional trainers
- Organisational Development Professionals
- Executives and senior managers
- Career changers
- Trainers and L & D professionals that would like to learn how to more effectively facilitate group sessions
Participation in this AITD course will be recognised through a certificate and a digital badge.
OUR SPONSORS BECOME A SPONSOR