Professional Development Learning
Social and Collaborative Learning Essentials
Social and Collaborative Learning EssentialsAre you ready for the Social Age? Are you being intentional or ad-hoc about the social element of your learning programs and organisational culture?
This online course will model best practice as you work your way through the learning process, engaging with the content, the trainer and other participants. Structured over eight weeks with action-learning projects, facilitated online content, discussions and webinars this course will give you the essential knowledge that you’ve been looking for as well as options to extend and dig deeper into specific content areas of your choice.
If you’re interested in Social and Collaborative Learning and its possibilities, if you want to engage as you learn and if you want to consolidate and stretch your knowledge, then this course is for you.
By the end of this course, you will be able to:
- Describe Social and Collaborative Learning theory and principles
- Identify the functional elements of a variety of Enterprise Social Networks
- Design engaging and effective Social and Collaborative Learning experiences
- Compare features of and use a variety of public social media
- Demonstrate understanding of the use and purposes of communities of practice
- Explain the benefits and challenges of Working Out Loud
- Describe the functions of a range of collaboration platforms
- Articulate the benefits of Social and Collaborative Learning
You should attend this course if you want to:
- Explore the possibilities of Social and Collaborative Learning
- Move beyond ad-hoc to intentional Social and Collaborative Learning
- Create engaging Social and Collaborative Learning experiences
- Integrate Social and Collaborative Learning into your existing programs
- Explore the tools of the trade for Social and Collaborative Learning
There are eight modules in this course, delivered over eight weeks with both synchronous and asynchronous elements.
1.Understanding Social and Collaborative Learning
An examination of what Social and Collaborative Learning is and can be, exploring tools, theory and practical application.2.Enterprise Social Networks (ESN)
A look at the various ESNs (Yammer, Slack, SharePoint), the role of L&D host, use of metadata.
3.On the job social and collaborative learning
Creating new formats and reshaping existing ones.
4.Public Social Media
Challenges and benefits of public social media including Twitter, LinkedIn, Pinterest, Instagram, Facebook work and Snapchat.
5.Communities of Practice
Starting them, running them, closing them. Purpose and engagement strategies
6.Working Out Loud
The methodology and theory of working out loud circles.
Considerations for uptake and user competence. Yammer, SharePoint and in-house LMS options.
8.Social Learning Strategy
Final presentation of action learning projects.
Who is this program for?
- Adult learning leaders
- Instructional designers
- eLearning developers
- HR managers
- Anyone who wants to understand Social and Collaborative learning
Download our eBrochure for this course
|Online||From 15 May||Self-paced over eight weeks||View|
OUR SPONSORS BECOME A SPONSOR