Instructional Design Virtual 24 July - 07 August 2020
Online Session 1: 24th July 2020 (10:00am - 12:00pm AEST)
Omline Session 2: 24th July 2020 (1:00pm - 3:00pm AEST)
Online Session 3: 7th August 2020 (9:30am - 10:30am AEST)
PLEASE NOTE REGISTRATIONS CLOSE 1 WEEK PRIOR TO THE FIRST LIVE ONLINE SESSION DATE.
Do you design learning experiences? Do you deliver in a classroom, virtually, or otherwise? To be successful in today's world of learning and development, exceptional content, proven processes, and industry-recommended tools are all absolute must-haves.
- In this one-day online, blended-learning course, you’ll not only analyse content, but you'll also focus on how to design materials that will engage and captivate adult learners. Participants will explore learner preferences, and discover how the consideration of neuroscience can impact the effectiveness of a program.
This course will see learners deep-diving into the essentials every instructional designer should know, like:
- How to achieve effective learning outcomes
- The use of practical storyboarding techniques
- Using chunking and sequencing to build content
- Conducting relevant activities
- Gathering useful feedback
- Creating impactful visual and graphic design
Please note:Instructional Design Virtual is a blended-learning course, and is comprised of self-paced content to be completed in Session one, followed by 2 LIVE ONLINE virtual classroom modules (Sessions 2 & 3), and finally Session 4, which rounds out the course with a LIVE ONLINE interactive webinar where all learners will meet with the course facilitator 2 weeks after Session 3 finishes.
By the end of this course, learners will be able to:
- Apply the key principles of adult learning to instructional design
- Identify the different types of cognitive load and design to manage them
- Create basic visual designs that facilitate long-term learning
- Identify and articulate precise learning outcomes
- Build feedback mechanisms into course design
You should attend this course if you want to:
- More effectively engage adult learners
- Produce higher quality learning resources
- Design learning processes that increase retention
- Implement learning programs more quickly
- Shift careers into instructional design
- Create eye-catching course materials
Who should attend?
- Professional trainers
- Training manual writers
- eLearning designers
- Career changers
- Trainers or L & D professionals looking to more effectively design learning experiences
Participation in this AITD course will be recognised through a certificate and a digital badge.
It's a great course to refresh your fundamentals about training and instructional design. People in this field tend to lose focus after every few years and this course is a great opportunity to brush up your theory and look at emerging trends in the training domain.