If you’re enrolled in an accredited course working towards an L&D qualification, the Mark Pompei Student Scholarship is a fantastic opportunity. This scholarship champions the future of learning, development and training across Asia Pacific.
Along with the prestige associated with having this award on your CV and LinkedIn profile, the scholarship winner will receive a package worth over $5,000, including:
- $2,000 to assist with studies
- essay published in Training & Development magazine
- one year’s AITD membership
- one ticket to the 2021 AITD conference
- two tickets to the 2020 AITD Excellence Awards presentation event
- enrolment in the 2021 AITD mentoring program, and
- enrolment in one AITD professional development course to be chosen by the recipient.
Please note that some of the above prizes are subject to current government restrictions regarding COVID-19 being lifted and events going ahead as planned. AITD reserves the right to substitute prizes and/or postpone events in line with government advice.
In addition to the scholarship recipient, AITD may also award one year's free membership to other applicants who have submitted outstanding applications.
How to apply
- Download and complete the application form.
- Write a 1000-word essay on this year's topic.
- Get a statement of support from your employer or academic advisor.
- Submit these, along with proof of course enrolment, to firstname.lastname@example.org.
2020 essay topic:
How can learning and development professionals design organisational training that follows traditional adult learning principles, whilst embracing rapidly changing technologies and the evolving workforce of tomorrow?
Submissions for the 2020 Mark Pompei Student Scholarship close on 28 September 2020 at 5:00pm AEST.
About Mark Pompei
Mark was a promising staff development officer at MMI Insurance (now Allianz Australia). At the time of his death in 1991, he was also studying part-time to further improve his skills and enhance his career in training and development.
The scholarship that bears his name was established by his colleagues through a dedicated memorial fund administered by AITD. We are honoured to be able to provide support and opportunities for emerging L&D professionals in Mark’s name.
To discuss membership benefits or learn more, click contact us or call on +61 (0)2 9211 9414.