If you’re enrolled in an accredited course working towards an L&D qualification, the Mark Pompei Student Scholarship is a fantastic opportunity. This scholarship champions the future of learning, development and training across Asia Pacific.
2021 Scholarship package
Along with the prestige associated with having this award on your CV and LinkedIn profile, the scholarship winner will receive a package worth over $5,000, including:
- $2,000 to assist with studies
- article published in Training & Development magazine
- one year’s AITD membership
- one ticket to the 2022 AITD conference (to be held in Melbourne, April 2022)
- enrolment in the 2022 AITD mentoring program, and
- enrolment in one AITD professional development course (either virtual or face-to-face) to be chosen by the recipient.
Please note that some of the above prizes are subject to current government restrictions regarding COVID-19 being lifted and events going ahead as planned. AITD reserves the right to substitute prizes and/or postpone events in line with government advice.
In addition to the scholarship recipient, AITD may also award one year's free membership to other applicants who have submitted outstanding applications.
How to apply
- Download and complete the application form.
- Write a 1000-word article on this year's topic.
- Get a statement of support from your employer or academic advisor.
- Submit these, along with proof of course enrolment, to email@example.com.
As budgets are slashed in response to an unpredictable business landscape, how can learning and development professionals demonstrate the value of investing in training?
Submissions for the 2021 Mark Pompei Student Scholarship close on 26 October 2021 at 5:00pm AEDT.
About Mark Pompei
Mark was a promising staff development officer at MMI Insurance (now Allianz Australia). At the time of his death in 1991, he was also studying part-time to further improve his skills and enhance his career in training and development.
The scholarship that bears his name was established by his colleagues through a dedicated memorial fund administered by AITD. We are honoured to be able to provide support and opportunities for emerging L&D professionals in Mark’s name.
To discuss membership benefits or learn more, click contact us or call on +61 (0)2 9211 9414.