Looking for career direction? Feel isolated in your role? Ready for new challenges? Found a gap in your skill set?
If you’re ambitious and driven, the AITD mentoring program could be the perfect professional development opportunity for you.
How does it work?
The AITD mentoring program brings experienced professional members together with other members looking to develop their skills or careers. It’s a two-way relationship of sharing knowledge, advice and reflection; supporting the participants and helping them to grow towards their potential.
Mentors and mentees meet for an hour, at least monthly, over seven months with ongoing support provided by AITD.
Who can take part?
Our mentors are experienced, successful L&D professionals. They’re ethical, reflective, knowledgeable, supportive, trustworthy – and, of course, available.
Mentor benefits include:
- developing mentoring skills: giving feedback, communication and advice
- exposure to emerging issues
- making a meaningful contribution to AITD and the wider learning and development profession.
You may be new to the profession or wanting to move into a different or more senior role. As a mentee, you must be willing to listen and learn, open to change, reflective, committed, flexible and, above all, motivated.
Mentee benefits include:
- the wisdom, knowledge and expertise of your mentor
- a widened professional network
- improved communication and interpersonal skills
- setting and working towards goals and identifying growth targets
- career guidance and improved confidence
- intentional and focused reflection.
How do I apply?
Applications for the next AITD mentoring program will open early 2021. A limited number of people will be matched to create 20 - 25 pairs of mentees and mentors, with the program commencing in April.
The cost for mentees is just $300 (incl. GST). This includes a $100 voucher to use towards AITD courses for further professional development.
There is no cost for mentors; your involvement is voluntary and very much appreciated.
If you’re interested in joining the 2021 mentoring program or would like more information, contact our programs manager.
The AITD mentoring program is powered by:
To discuss membership benefits or learn more, click contact us or call us on +61 (0)2 9211 9414.