If you are new to the world of adult learning, have recently taken up a training role in your industry, or have taken over the responsibility for learning in your organisation, then this course will provide the essential adult learning theories required to succeed in your role.
This course introduces the principles of adult learning. Learners will uncover the impact of learner engagement, memory, adult learning theories, neuroscience and learning environments.
Learning frontiers will also be explored, as the latest developments in adult learning used to strengthen programs, help build personal networks, and introduce social and collaborative elements to engage learners are discussed.
By the end of this course, you will be able to:
- describe adult learning principles
- recognise the importance of emotional context within a learning environment
- design learning experiences that engage learners
- identify techniques used to improve content retention
- implement neuroscience in the design of adult learning experiences
- structure content and learning processes for effective training
- describe social and collaborative learning
- identify personal learning networks and personal knowledge management.
This course is ideal for inexperienced L&D practitioners who are looking for a solid understanding of adult learning principles, vocational education teachers transitioning to adult learning or training professionals wanting to gain a solid understanding of how adults learn.
Adult Learning is offered virtually, face-to-face and in-house.
Virtual delivery | A blended-learning course comprised of self-paced content to start with, followed by 2 live virtual classroom modules run over one day, and finally, a live interactive webinar where all learners will meet with the course facilitator 2 weeks after the classroom modules finish. Access to Zoom is required.
Face-to-face delivery | 1-day, face-to-face course in CBD locations across Australia.
In-house delivery | Delivered to your team exclusively, online or in a location of your choice. Find out more about in-house delivery.
To discuss membership benefits or learn more, click contact us or call us on +61 (0)2 9211 9414.