Looking for career direction? Feeling isolated in your current role? Ready for new challenges? Are there gaps in your skill set? Want to pay it forward?
If you’re ambitious and driven, AITD's mentoring program could be the perfect professional development opportunity for you.
AITD's mentoring program brings experienced professional AITD members together with other AITD members looking to develop their skills or careers. It’s a reciprocal relationship of sharing knowledge, advice and reflection; supporting each other, and promoting growth.
How does it work?
Registrations to AITD's 2021 mentoring program Live. Learn. Mentor. have now closed. Our mentors and mentees have been matched up, and they will be continuing to learn and connect through to the end of 2021. Please check back here towards the end of 2021 for more information and registration to next year's mentoring program.
Who can take part?
Mentors are AITD members that are experienced, successful L&D, HR or OD professionals. They’re ethical, reflective, knowledgeable, supportive, trustworthy – and, of course, available.
Mentor benefits include (just to name a few):
- developing mentoring skills: giving feedback, communication and advice
- exposure to emerging issues
- making a meaningful contribution to AITD and the wider learning and development profession.
Mentees are AITD members that may be new to a profession, or may be wanting to move into a different or more senior role. Mentees must be willing to listen and learn, should be open to change, be reflective, committed, flexible and, above all - motivated.
Mentee benefits include (along with lots more):
- the wisdom, knowledge and expertise of one or more mentor
- a widened professional network
- improved communication and interpersonal skills
- setting and working towards goals and identifying growth targets
- career guidance and improved confidence
- intentional and focused reflection.
How do I apply?
Feel free to reach out to us with your expression of interest for next year's program. You can reach our Programs Coordinator at firstname.lastname@example.org. And beyond that, please be sure to watch your inbox and check back here on the website for more information towards the end of 2021.
To discuss membership benefits or learn more, click contact us or call us on +61 (0)2 9211 9414.