Join our dynamic and growing community to open up a world of benefits. Click below to find out more.
Enjoy a comprehensive range of free and discounted development opportunities.
- Local events | Informal networking and knowledge-sharing events held across Australia.
- AITD courses | Structured, high quality, and outcome-focused. Offered face-to-face and in virtual classrooms; see our course information page for more.
- Webinars | Hear and learn from leading local and international L&D experts in our regular webinar series.
- Annual conference | Experience thought-provoking presentations on contemporary topics, along with unparalleled networking opportunities.
- Mentoring | The AITD mentoring program connects experienced professional members with those seeking further development for mutual benefit.
- National conversation | Immerse yourself in a variety of L&D related events, discussions and forums in the AITD National Conversation
Access a broad range of considerable discounts with both AITD and our partner organisations.
- Professional indemnity insurance | Significant discounts available through our partner, Guild Insurance.
- Books and literature | Save 20% and get free delivery (within Australia) on all titles through our partner, Footprint Books.
- Courses and events | Get up to 20% off the standard price of AITD courses and events.
- Conference | Also save up to 30% off the standard price for the annual AITD conference. (Further savings can apply for early bird and multiple registrations.)
- Advertising | Receive discounted rates for ad placements in AITD’s magazine, website and eNewsletters.
Essential for information exchange, support and career development, AITD membership supports your L&D networking.
- Networking events | Facilitated by AITD in locations throughout Australia.
- Virtual networking | Join our online events and AITD LinkedIn discussion groups.
- Social media | Follow AITD on LinkedIn, Twitter, Facebook or Instagram to get updates and chat with peers across our many platforms.
Get all you need to stay up to date with local and global L&D trends and developments.
- Training & Development magazine | Sent free to all members.
- EBSCO Business Source database | Enjoy free access to over 12,000 business magazines, journals, and eBooks.
- Member-only resources | Find and browse past articles, industry research and reports on our website.
- LinkedIn members-only group | An online forum for members to work out loud, discuss trends and issues, share ideas and resources, and learn collaboratively.
- Newsletters | Regular emails with useful information about training and development news, national activities, local events and more.
Membership demonstrates to your peers, colleagues and the wider industry that you’re committed to the very best practice in L&D:
- Digital badges | A powerful and distinctive link to job opportunities, these badges can be earned to build your ePortfolio, and display on your website, social media profile and curriculum vitae.
- AITD Excellence Awards | Further improve your recognition and reputation through our annual awards.
- Post-nominals | Professional members are entitled to use MAITD after their name, or apply to become an associate fellow (AFAITD) or fellow (FAITD).
- Increased profile | Members are encouraged to write articles for Training & Development magazine, as well as apply to speak at networking events.
Have a question about membership? The AITD team is always happy to help - click contact us or call us on +61 (0)2 9211 9414.