eLearning Essentials 08 July - 02 September 2020
This course is most suitable for L & D professionals ready to transition their learning programs from face-to-face to the exciting world of virtual learning, for teachers and facilitators wanting to understand the differences between classroom and virtual settings, and for HR professionals tasked with learning how to deliver important yet engaging content online.
eLearning Essentials is delivered online, and is comprised of LIVE, LearnSpace fortnightly webinars that take place within the first 8 weeks, and an additional 4 weeks of self-paced learning, in order to allow learners to complete the course work.
Session 1: 8th July (7:30pm - 8:30pm AEST)
Session 2: 22nd July (7:30pm - 8:30pm AEST)
Session 3: 5th August (7:30pm - 8:30pm AEST)
Session 4: 19th August (7:30pm - 8:30pm AEST)
Session 5: 2nd September (7:30pm - 8:30pm AEST)
Registration for this course must be completed prior to 5:00pm AEST on the last business day before the course begins.
eLearning is more than an online module produced by an authoring tool – it includes webinars, social and collaborative learning, self guided learning and more. This online course will model best practice as you work your way through the learning process, engaging with the content, the trainer and other participants.
Structured over twelve weeks with facilitated online content, discussions and webinars this course will give you the essential knowledge that you’ve been looking for as well as options to extend and dig deeper into specific content areas of your choice. If you’re interested in eLearning and its possibilities, considering taking some of your content into eLearning format, or you’re already doing eLearning and want to consolidate and stretch your knowledge, then this course is for you.
By the end of this course, you will be able to:
- Describe essential eLearning principles
- Identify the functional elements of a variety of authoring tools
- Design eLearning experiences that engage learners
- Curate and utilise informal learning resources
- Identify and use a variety of media types in eLearning
- Demonstrate understanding of the use of social and collaborative learning
- Understand how to deliver webinars
- Make eLearning accessible, compliant and mobile
- Describe the benefits of gamification and badging principles
You should attend this course if you want to:
- Explore the possibilities of eLearning
- Move beyond click-through, basic eLearning programs
- Create engaging eLearning experiences
- Take your eLearning programs to the next level
- Explore the tools of the trade for eLearning developers
- Change career to eLearning roles
There are eight modules in this course, delivered over twelve weeks.
1.Understanding eLearning - An examination of what eLearning is and can be, highlighting the different ways that content can be delivered.
2.eLearning Tools - A look at the various tools used to author, host and deliver eLearning and eLearning resources.
3.Designing eLearning - An overview of the design principles and methodologies for developing eLearning content.
4.The Media Puzzle - How different types of media can be used in an eLearning program.
5.Social and Collaborative Learning - A look at what social and collaborative learning is and how it can be facilitated as part of an eLearning program.
6.Webinars - How webinars can be used to facilitate synchronous eLearning.
7.Accessible eLearning - Considerations for developing and delivering eLearning content, including digital compliance, mobile and informal learning.
8.Gamification, badging and beyond -How gamification principles can be used to motivate learners, use of digital badges and the future – augmented/virtual reality and beyond.
Who is this program for?
- Adult learning leaders
- Instructional designers
- eLearning developers
- Anyone who wants to understand eLearning
Participation in this AITD course will be recognised through a digital badge